Luke served as a civic volunteer for many years prior to being elected to office. He has been active in the following boards, committees and associations.
- Central Okanagan Regional District - Appointed Director 2013, re-appointed 2015, 2018 – present.
- Kelowna Kasugai Sister City Association: City of Kelowna's representative on the Kasugai Sister City Association from 2008-2015.
- The Kelowna/Vernon Project and the Heart and Surgical Centre Project Liaison Committee: City of Kelowna appointed representative October 2010- 2014
- The Kelowna Chamber of Commerce City of Kelowna appointed representative: May 2011-Dec 2011
- DKA - Downtown Kelowna Association - Board member - Appointed January 2012 - 2015.
- City of Kelowna Audit Committee – 2015, 2018 - present
- Airport Advisory Committee - 2016- 2018
- Kelowna City Council (Elected 2008 - re-elected 2011, 2014, 2018 and 2022)
- Society of Hope Housing Society, Executive Director (1989 - 2022)
- City of Kelowna Advisory Planning Commission (APC) (2005 - 2008)
- BC Non-Profit Housing Association – Elected Okanagan Representative (2007 - 2008)
- Lake Country Big Band (2002-2010)
- Lake Country Food Bank annual fundraising concert (2002-2010)
- St. Michael’s Church Columbarium Committee (2007 - 2008)
- Inn from the Cold (Volunteer 2008)
- Kelowna Life and Arts Festival (Volunteer 2008)
- City of Kelowna Community Housing Committee (Chairman 1996-2000) Advised Council to adopt Secondary Housing policy and Affordable Housing Fund
- Willow Park Church- Facilities Committee (2003 - 2008)
- Willow Park Church Board Member (1997- 2003)
- Kelowna General Hospital Elected Trustee (1989 - 1995)